Paradigm Shift in Nursing Care
Please read before starting your 30 days free trial.
1. Malaysia has witnessed the dramatic change of demographic profile of aging population which expected to reach 15% of total population.
2. WHO stated that developing societies undergoing social, economic and cultural changes leave many families unable to care for their elderly family members and thus increased the demand for institutional care.
3. Ouch. But let’s face it. Retirement homes and adult daycares are still very much a taboo, especially in Asia. However, with increasing age of the elderly, higher dependency on others for daily activities, increased impaired mental disorders and increased duration of assistance for the elderly will heighten the social problems of those families living with elders around. Subsequently, a feeling of growing fatigue and additional burden on families result in great disturbance in familial relationships, spoiled social activities of the families and abusive behaviours.
4. The reasons articulated by families for transferring their elders to nursing homes include the need for higher professional care (65%), health care (49%), behaviours associated with dementia (46%) and the need for more assistance (23%) .
5. Changing family structure from conventional nuclear family unit to pluralistic family model in contemporary society leaves many families facing challenges in meeting the care needs of their elderly family members, resulting in some older adults at risk of having unmet needs
6. Elderly people who are sickly or with reduced mobility will found difficulty caring for themselves. Family members mostly do not have the skills to care for the sick elderly and this may jeopardize their life if they are not properly cared for
7. It is no surprise then that many elderly people ended up at old age homes when their health deteriorate and full-time caregiving becomes a necessity. Family members, without proper training and lacking caregiving skills to handle sick elderlies will find it difficult to care for them at home. Most often, the spouse is also old and this makes it almost impossible for them to give proper caregiving to their aged and sickly other half.
8. The obtained findings in the present study indicated that elderly people staying in old age homes mostly accepted the fact that their stay would be long-term with just occasional visits from families and relatives. Most of the elderly people do not complaint about not being taken back to their own home regularly. They have settled in comfortably at the old age homes and have come to regard the institution as a place where they belong 9. Study revealed that elderly people in old age home do not felt animosity towards their children for sending them into old age homes. The respondents mentioned that they do not feel bitterness that their children are placing greater importance on their career and own family. They are open-minded and accepted this as part and parcel of society’s modernization and they know that this does not mean that their children love them less
10. The elderly people are understanding about why they are sent to live in old age homes and overall they accepted the decision. They do not expressed anger with their family and neither do they expressed frustration over loss of autonomy or having their life controlled
11. The elderly people seem to have adjusted well psychologically and emotionally. They seem happy with the daily routine programs which requires them to fit in with the rules and regulations set by the homes and have come to accept the people and the environment which could perhaps, be the same for the remaining days of their lives. Even though they faced daily challenges but they are able to overcome them.
12. They have learned to be patience towards their caregivers, show compassion towards those who are sickly than themselves and empathized with one another. Overall, elderly people are satisfied and happy with their life in old age homes and for many of them, they have attached themselves to the caregivers and regard the institution as their long-term home.
13. In some cases, the senior citizens themselves are willing to stay at nursing homes because they know they would receive proper care from professionals there.
14. It is better to place ailing parents in the hands of professionals than to hire maids who were not qualified to look after people with medical conditions.
15. We see every client as a whole person, a unique individual who deserves dignified and attentive care, as well as meaningful relationships, intellectual engagement, and moments of joy. We also specialize in holistic dementia care, drawing on the most forward-thinking best practices in our field. Together, we work tirelessly to improve the quality of life of every client—and reduce the stress too often felt by family caregivers and decision makers
16. Our staff is skilled and locally-trained nurses and paramedics. They are dedicated to check on the vital signs of the residents twice per day, including the blood pressure, pulse rate, respiratory rate, body temperature, and SPO2 (saturation peripheral capillary oxygen saturation) to make sure our residents here are in good health condition. They are also dedicated to serve individual needs for care and treatment 24 hours a day, which include complex wound dressings, rehabilitation, tube feedings or rapidly-changing health status.
17. We look into the maintenance or improvement of health via monitoring the health status of the patients by Blood Pressure monitoring, check sugar level, medication compliance and health education from time to time.
18. We provide rehabilitation services that are suitable for folks with existing medical conditions or those in recovery after hospitalisation. Through consistent physiotherapy, exercise, physical and mental stimuli – we believe that improvements can be made to enhance the quality of live for our residents
19. In order to honour the support and confidence blessed upon us, we are offering this great opportunity!!!
20. A simple step that we can all make, to touch lives and transform them.
21. The FREE trial package will be exactly the same as your chosen package; comfortable with your budget
22. You can change your mind after 30 days trial - No question asked (except payment for the medication)
23. Call us today, we will respond with love and care.
Call us : +6017 680 0069